Word of the Day – Slick

Slick and RagSlick: noun. A substance applied, usually by spray, to one’s Frisbee to reduce the friction between the Frisbee and one’s finger nail. Usually a silicon based spray. Ex. I have a disc, do you have any slick?

Slick rag: noun. The nastiest old rag from the back of the closet, usually a sock, used to rub slick into the disc. Ex. Shoot, I forgot my slick rag again.

See the equipment article for recommendations.

Bookmark the permalink.


  1. Pingback: History: 1975-1976; Freestyle Becomes a Sport - FrisbeeGuru

  2. Pingback: Equipment -or- Tools of the Trade - FrisbeeGuru

  3. Pingback: Poll: When you slick your disc, which parts do you slick? - FrisbeeGuru

  4. Pingback: Freestyle Handle-Skills for all Disc Sports - FrisbeeGuru

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.